Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows7-64bit compatible printers

• Please log in to reply

alex+1

alex+1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an old x1190 lexmark Its 7yrs old it worked fine with my old computer which had windows xp.....I have required a new advent computer with windows7-64bit
and my printer doesn't work ....I have been on a page I wanted to print hit print and nothing ...I would then right click on the page and try printing that way
sometimes the page would freeze and when I went into devices and printers I found It was sitting in a que .... I have decided to purchase a new printer problem
is when I do a check on line I have found that there are a lot of people having problems with windows7-64bit and compatible printers.... what is the answer
any help would be very much appreciated thank you

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I have two Brother printers on my Win 7 Pro X64 system and they work perfectly.

HL-2270DW Laser with built-in Duplex
MFC-J410W Inkjet

I run both of them Wireless but have also used them connected via USB.

alex+1

alex+1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your help I have taken note of the printers and will look them out when I go to PCWorld thanks

ChevyManUSA

ChevyManUSA

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
You might take a look at the Epson WorkForce 645. You can connect it via wireless and/or network(cat5e).
Previously in the past I have disliked Epson but lately they have been releasing some decent printers.

alex+1

alex+1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks very much for all who replied I bought an advent which is the same make as my pc a bit noisy but works great stuff
thanks again for taking time to answer