Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless driver

• Please log in to reply

Bobbbbooo

Bobbbbooo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I recently uninstalled my wireless driver due to it experiencing some problems. However I've tried to reinstall it by scanning for hardware changes in the device manager. However I don't seem to get a "found a new hardware". So how do I solve this problem?

Advertisements

ChevyManUSA

ChevyManUSA

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hi, I recently uninstalled my wireless driver due to it experiencing some problems. However I've tried to reinstall it by scanning for hardware changes in the device manager. However I don't seem to get a "found a new hardware". So how do I solve this problem?

Hello Bobbbbooo,
Welcome to the forums.
Can we get some more information to help you. What version of Windows 7 or Vista are you running? 64Bit/32Bit? What kind of wireless device? (Is it an add-on or an internal card?)

Can you connect to the internet via an cable/wired method? Did you remove/uninstall just the driver? Or where you trying to remove the driver and the device? It sounds like it is this is a notebook/laptop and you removed the software driver only?

If you can connect via a wired connection to the internet I would try updating via windows update and/or the manufactures web site for the card.
If you are unsure of your manufacture and model of the wireless adapter, you can download a tool such as Speccy (http://www.filehippo...download_speccy) or CPU-z (http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html)to obtain that information.

Let us know.
Regards,
Chevyman