Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp pavilion G6-2006AX killing me

• Please log in to reply

FaeFae

FaeFae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My HP pavilion G6-2006AX notebook had a drink spilled on the keyboard. We turned it off and tipped it over right away. The next day when it was switched on the keyboard and touchpad wouldn't work but we could use the computer with an external keyboard/mouse. During this we had forgotten to renew avant and our firewall was down for a day. Then everytime I left clicked on a file/shortcut it would keep coming up with boxes asking if I wanted to send the item to the recycle bin. The boxes keep coming up until you close the file. When in Google it put spaces in between all the letters. We took it to a computer guy who tried telling us the motherboard was fried. When we got home we found a reboot disc in the laptop. (never going back there) Then tried running malwarebytes and spybot. Tried a system restore but there are no dates before the day the firewall was down. Also tried turning off system protection and rescanning with malwarebytes/spybot. Since we can't turn off the keyboard we decided to remove it manually but it is still keeps trying to delete. I've run out of ideas and I'm so determined to fix this. Does anybody have any ideas?

Advertisements