Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new here, laptop help

• Please log in to reply

islandgirl2025

islandgirl2025

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am having problems that may seem easy to fix to you, hope so. Every time I try to go on the net I I get Recommended Program to open anything which is always highlighted Internet Explorer. So okay and then it brings up run or save? After choosing either it goes back to the same. I cannnot even run a windows defrag without this. I have been trying to download ccleaner and it just disappears. I have Norton and not much more than that on this. All my desk top icons have an arrow pointing at the shortcut. I need to clean this computer up but cant get too far. Sorry if not a lot of info, not sure what all you need, appreciate your support . Thanks

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model number of the computer?
Have you considered doing a restore to factory new state?

islandgirl2025

islandgirl2025

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ummm Toshiba Staellite, Intel Pentium Duel Cpu T3400 does that answer your question. How would I do a remake?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
No, I need the model number that is on the laptop case somewhere. Something like Satellite L300-1DN

islandgirl2025

islandgirl2025

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
gottcha PSLBBC-061019

islandgirl2025

islandgirl2025

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The main problem is everytime I try to open anything a pop up comes up and asks choose program you want to open file and its always internet explorer. After choosing tnat it asks to run oe save and no matter what choice it won't let me in. Can't as said before defrag without this blocking me.