Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista desktop won't boot up to windows Stop: c000021a

• Please log in to reply

electrochimp

electrochimp

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I have a a1747c HP and it won' start up to windows, it goes to the startup repair which it says cannot be repaired automatically.

Problem event name startup repair V2
Problem signature 01:Autofallover
PS 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
PS 03: 6
PS 04: 2162721
PS 05: corrupt registry
PS 06: corrupt registry
PS 07: 999
PS 08: 3
PS 09: Rollback registry
OS version 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

When I go to advanced boot options safemode a page of windows files comes up and appear to be all driver files then it goes back to startup repair.
Can I boot up to windows in safe mode and how do I get there? I'm interested in saving my files.
Thank you

I am making this entry with an old IMac good for emails and blogs it seems. I have seen the Farbar recovery scan tool in the unbootable tutorial. Can I download that on the flashdrive stick (USB) then use it on the HP Vista system?
thanks

Edited by electrochimp, 15 November 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Advertisements

electrochimp

electrochimp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I found a recovery disk I made shortly after I bought it. can this be used to boot it up without removing files or changing it back to the original state?

Thank you

electrochimp

electrochimp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I did a system restore , backed up the files, rebooted and uploaded backup drive.
It seemed to be successful as it even said that after backup and restore. A folder shortcut was created (system recovery files) on the desktop like it says on the following. Do I drag and drop or what? It seems like it must be basic stuff, but I don't grasp it. The computer works great, I would just like to put back some programs and files.

From an HP document:

Restoring backup files using HP Recovery Manager
To restore backup files that you created using HP Recovery Manager, follow the steps below.
Open the USB device to which you wrote your backup file, such as your USB flash drive, and then copy the MINWINPC folder to a convenient location on your computer, such as your desktop.
Locate and open the MINWINPC folder on your computer, and then double-click the executable file (.exe) that was created during the backup process.

NOTE:There may be more than one file, but only one will be an application (.exe) file. Other backup files created with HP Recovery Manager will have an .fbw extension.
When the Recovery Manager File Restore Program opens, click Next .
Select the types of files that you want to restore and then click Next .
A message displays showing the location to which the files be restored: C:\System Recovery Files . A shortcut to this file location is also created on your desktop.
Allow the program to restore the backed up files.

NOTE:The progress bar may stay on “0% complete” for 10-30 minutes, and the entire restore process can take several hours.
After the HP Recovery Manager restores the files, you can double-click the Shortcut to System Recovery files on your desktop to view the restored files.
You can now decide which files go with your applications (such as .jpg files that belong to a certain application on your computer) and which files are personal files, and choose the location(s) in which you want to store these file(s).