Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ahhh, Virus/Spyware help needed

• Please log in to reply

shan51

shan51

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Tons of problems, first of all everytime I start my computer I get a black and yellow screen that pops up after login with Warning, You're endager of spyware and directs me to a search results page online. I have spybot, adaware, i even installed and ran the newest versions in safe mode, but i can't get rid of it! Also i have to hard shutdown the computer (clicking the switch in the back) because the windows shutdown just hangs for hours if I don't. I grabbed a screenshot and saved it in a wordfile thats attached, take a look. I am not really experienced, but I can follow directions, please help.

Thanks!Attached File  screenshot.doc   246.5KB   40 downloads

Advertisements

conker87

conker87

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well that's new, Spyware that tells you how to get rid of it.
Is this an actual IE window or is it part of an Active Desktop (You can usually check this by left clicking once on the page (blank) then Alt + F4ing to see if the page disappears or not).
If it's an IE then it's something in your Run/Startup folder thats causing it, if it's part of an Active Desktop then try removing it from the AD box.

shan51

shan51

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its a window that comes up after startup, its not IE. it doesnt exist in the startup folder. how do i check to see if its part of the active desktop?

Rickbenejamin

Rickbenejamin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I had that problem. Its not part of active desktop just bring your cursor as high as it can go and left click to drag it down to close it. I think its part of antivirus gold though and i cant get rid of that.

shan51

shan51

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks man, it has been driving me nuts. will it continue to come up? do you have any ideas why my computer wont shut down?