Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blu Ray and the internet

• Please log in to reply

DonnaN

DonnaN

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Sony Blu Ray DVD player with wifi. It is connected to our home wireless network. I want to use it to browse the web without having to have a laptop. Is there a wireless keyboard I can attach to the Blu Ray to use it to get onto the internet and browse.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: DonnaN

There are various models of Sony WIFI BD DVD player such as the BDF S790 and the BDF S5970 for example, can you tell us which model yours is.

The player should have an inbuilt software keyboard and if you have the Sony user manual it should tell you how to access the keyboard for browsing etc

DonnaN

DonnaN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the BDP-S580. I can access the keyboard with my remote control, but that is tedious when trying to browse the web. Its like an old cell phone where you have to punch the number a certain number of times to get the alpha character. I was hoping I could attach a keyboard for typing purposes. Any thoughts?

DonnaN

DonnaN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Also, dont think I have the owners' manual either. Perhaps I can view on online. Thanks.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
See the specifications tab @ http://store.sony.co...#specifications - Convenience Features USB Keyboard : Yes (standard 101 Key)
User manual @ http://store.sony.co...sset-282361.pdf

If you have a USB wired keyboard try it and let us know how it goes.