Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem upgrading Dell Laptop

• Please log in to reply

midi88

midi88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello i am new here i have an issue with my laptop

I tried to upgrade to windows 8 but it stuck on loading screen after installation finished
I pressed shutdown button for 10 seconds to restart it
Loading screen started again then a black screen then loading screen and then a meesage

"The computer restarted undexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

So i tried to format it with my dell CD after "press any key to boot from CD" screen it goes to a black screen and nothing happens...
I am confused is there any way to open the old Windows 7 operating system or to format everything on the pc?

model: Dell inspiron 1545
ram: 3gb

Hope to get some help!!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Did you download Windows 8? If so, did you create an .iso file then burn a DVD or create a bootable flash drive to install from? If not, download again only this time:

At the end of doqnload, Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant gives you three options :

1) Install Now
2) Install by creating media (USB)
3) Install later from your desktop

Chose #2 and create a .iso file. You can then use it to burn a DVD or make a bootable flash drive to install from.

midi88

midi88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a lot for your reply and your help i solved my problem!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome, glad I could help.