Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Add blank line after paragraph in Word?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I want to add an actual blank line after all paragraphs in a Word doc (Office 2010). I know all about setting the Paragraph spacing, but that's not what I want. I need an actual blank line, as if I had hit Enter twice.

The reason is that I need to copy multiple pages into email, and when I do this, the Word paragraph space formatting either goes away (plain text) or goes awry (rich text). I find that the only way I can do this and make it look good, is to manually add a blank line after each paragraph.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

GeekU Freshman

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
One way I know is using the underline function and us the tab key to the desired length of the line you want.