Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Internet Kind of Doesnt Work

• Please log in to reply

Evolnieineg

Evolnieineg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I actually didnt know which forums to post this problem in, my computer runs on Windows XP Professional, and i recently switched from SBC DSL to Comcast Cable.

Regardless of internet, the (like the last week that i used it) end of my SBC DSL time and now with Cable, every time i restart my computer, internet seems to work fine, as well as AIM, MSN, Warez, but after about 30 min - 2 hours, internet applications such as Firefox, Explorer, and all downloads on Warez stop. I can still ping sites for low ms, but nothing shows up when i double click explorer or Firefox, like a blank screen, and nothing loads, it doesnt even try to load.

THe STRANGEST thing about this problem is, when I call comcast, they say my internet is fine, im getting good connection, my bandwidth is fine, BUT all of my messengers still work, AIM works fine, MSN works fine. Even Ads come up fine, ive tried lots of things, but only reboot seems to work temporarily.

A Comcast Technician also got baffled (although he seemed less then adequately knowledgable about computer problems)

plzz Help :tazz: Thx

Advertisements