Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sbamsv.exe: Personalized phishing emails, refuse to shutdown, labored

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bumblepuck

Bumblepuck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
You were right about the SBAMsvc.exe and ad-aware. I also realize that SBAMsvc wouldnt have shown up on task manager, I was referring to it not showing up under processes, only under resource monitor.

However, the email question remains unsolved in my eyes. I understand that the from column can be easily spoofed but it is with the specificity that they are being spoofed that concerns me. They are all being spoofed from people that I either know or communicate with via email or facebook. I have gotten them from mom's name, dad's name, and random facebook friend. Where are they getting the info to spoof the from without some sort of foul play? That is my question.

Also, in what seems to be unrelated, my computer still refuses to shutdown :)

Edited by Bumblepuck, 09 December 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Advertisements

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts

Where are they getting the info to spoof the from without some sort of foul play? That is my question.

A facebook account or email account could have gotten hacked - this would allow a malicious person to get all the emails involved in this situation. Also we have a tech forum here at G2G where a person could help you with your shut down issue. I am messaging my colleague to determine where it is located (I'm a new helper and have never used it before ). We can do a scan using an online version of Kaspersky antivirus if you wish. This would just scan your computer for viruses. Otherwise if you have no other questions I will give you my final speech with instructions on how to stay clean and reinforce your computer's security.

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Can you explain in detail what happens when you try to shut down? Does it say Windows is shutting down? How long before the screen goes black?

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Actually my colleague gave me instructions on how to troubleshoot your shut down issue if you wish to do so. Please let me know.

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.