Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two towers one operating system HELP

• Please log in to reply

ccgirl

ccgirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have two towers one is fully operational a custom dell. the second is also a dell. The first tower is my everyday gaming computer. The second is a hand me down that has no os. Is there any way to connect the two and use both as a single unit.

Basically use my fully operational tower control the second tower as a slave, without an os. the same way you would an extra hard drive.

I am hoping there is a way to connect both towers so the tower without the os will be fully operational and controlled by the first tower. Operate both as one unit.

I cannot use the second tower since I do not have an os for it and frankly I do not wish to get one. And the parts from the second do not fit the tower I can use. Instead of junking it and parting it out I want to be able to utilize it.

Is this possible? and if it is how do i do it? I am not afraid of a challenge and I am looking forward to any help on this subject.

Thank you

ccgirl

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi ccgirl, Posted Image.
It is possible but you need additional hardware and software costs absolutely heaps, very complicated, so the short answer is no without an OS installed. Simple solution for a second working PC is install a free OS,
As you are not afraid of a challenge,, some suggestions here to get you going.
> http://www.pcworld.c..._an_old_PC.html

ccgirl

ccgirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you thats all I needed to know. And thank you for the link it is very helpful. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to this project.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Your welcome, Posted Image

If we can be of help in the future, "Just Whistle"
Good luck.