Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Temporary Cursor Freezes in Browsers

• Please log in to reply

mfrank1

mfrank1

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi--
I have a Dell XPS8100 running Windows 7. Whether in Firefox or Chrome, I have intermittent temporary freezes. The cursor will freeze, stay frozen for about a full minute, then suddenly everything is fine again. Can't connect it to a specific action. Also, I am getting intermittent blue screens of death, maybe once a week. Hardware tests all passed OK. Norton and Malware Bytes don't detect anything problematic. Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated.
-Mark

Advertisements

RoniS

RoniS

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've had something similar on my (sort of) new lenovo ideapad with i5 - which means it's not my computer...
It happened to me on FF where I have a lot of add-ons.
I would try to remove some, or check if some of them have a problem (I had one that was problematic - after removing it everything works like a charm again :cool: )
Also - if has nothing to do with add-ons - could it be you've opened to many tabs? :)
(Happens to me on Wiki sometimes, my old laptop would crash... the new one might just get stuck)

Hope this helps :)

mfrank1

mfrank1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks for your suggestions RoniS. I don't have very many add-ons and it also sometimes happens in Chrome. Can you say which add-on caused the problem for you?

mfrank1

mfrank1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I'm wondering if my problems could be malware-related and if I should re-post my question in the Malware Removal forum?

RoniS

RoniS

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I wish I could remember...
It's something a friend of mine installed - and I didn't know about it until I had to remove it :/

Did you try AVG or Symantec free checks?..

(BTW - sorry for the spelling errors, sometimes the Dyslexia gets me)