Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo messenger does not work

• Please log in to reply

ranga_drum

ranga_drum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello,
well i have installed yahoo 5 messenger (older version) if i update and restart my computer. the yahoo messenger 6 does not work in xp operating system. i have installed security updates only. but some thing is not working. what to do ???

help please .......

with regards,
sundar

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Go to 98.

Or if you wana be difficult make sure you have all the XP updates then install the latest yahoo messenger... and check to make sure you dont have any options disabled that you might need, check the Control panel-administrative tools-services... its somewhat obvious if you bother to read through the files... i have no idea what your problem is so i just suggest uninstalling xp and going back to 98 or perhaps 2000 if you prefer.

P.S. This has been my FIFTIETH RESPONSE and Im still as helpful as EVER!!! :tazz:

Edited by Destructo Roboto, 07 June 2005 - 12:45 AM.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Go to 98.

Or if you wana be difficult make sure you have all the XP updates then install the latest yahoo messenger... and check to make sure you dont have any options disabled that you might need, check the Control panel-administrative tools-services... its somewhat obvious if you bother to read through the files... i have no idea what your problem is so i just suggest uninstalling xp and going back to 98 or perhaps 2000 if you prefer.
P.S.  This has been my FIFTIETH RESPONSE and Im still as helpful as EVER!!!  :tazz:

View Post

I would suggest if you do not have a clue to the fix for the problem please quit wasting space. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people come here for real help.

As for the problem with yahoo messenger, make sure it can operate past the XP built in firewall if this is enabled. If thats no help, Try contacting yahoo and make sure all of your settings are correct.