Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm not sure what or where to find drivers or downloads....Im gett

• Please log in to reply

jali29

jali29

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a dell inspiron B130 with windows 7 ultimae 32 bit. When I started playing sims 3 game i got the BSOD and it said ialmdev5.dll.
After looking it up I got something about the chipset so I went to intel and got the chipset upgraded/installed that I needed which is
Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset family.

NOW! Im getting the BSOD for ialmnt5.sys..it doesn't happen as quickly but ONLY while playing sims about 30 minutes or so in it eventually does.
Again I looked on intel and it says they no longer have upgrades or drivers for that chipset family in windows 7.....I tried getting it in windows xp (which was origionally this computer) and it said not compatible for this computer after trying to run.....I get similar issues on dell's website as well.

:( I am so lost and do not know what to do...

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See here: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

Try lowering or turning off hardware accelleration.