Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Devices (Laptop)

• Please log in to reply

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey again. I'm really glad to receive helps from you guys here and now I need another favor. I bought my laptop (Acer Aspire 4752Z) about 6 months ago and it have bluetooth built it. However, some problems occurred to my laptop and it was reformat. Now, I can't find any icon on my laptop to turn on my bluetooth. I tried to locate using my phones and nothing happened. Please help me. What happened to my bluetooth built it ?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello NavigatorX

Since the format have you reinstalled the Launch Manager http://support.acer....px?modelId=3941 once the device is installed pressing the Fn + F3 keys should be the hot-keys.

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
There's a Bluetooth Devices icon on my laptop but when I clicked on it, nothing happens. Should I download it again from the site you linked ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Before you reinstall the software have you tried pressing the Fn and the F3 keys down, Press and hold Fn and then F3, let us know the outcome.

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Nothing happen at all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Sorry for the delay!

Couple of questions if I may;

You said in your OP;

Now, I can't find any icon on my laptop to turn on my bluetooth

But in your reply #3;

There's a Bluetooth Devices icon on my laptop but when I clicked on it, nothing happens

Can you please clarify, have you since done something that has placed a Bluetooth icon on your desktop.
Have you checked that the Bluetooth is enabled in the Device Manager and the BIOS.

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yes, I actually restart my laptop and search again in start menu and found it. It wasn't there before I restart my laptop. I've checked it and yes, it's enabled but none of other devices can find my laptop. Even right click will not work on the Bluetooth Devices icon.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Can you take a screenshot of the Device Manager and attach it to your next reply please.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.