Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wondering just what my overclock options are...(new build)

• Please log in to reply

medikohl

medikohl

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So was wondering about how much I should be able to overclock and what would be recommended?

Also if anyone has improvements on this build let me know, this is for medium gaming (will be upgrading to another video card later on)

(build was about $370)

NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (I love the fan slots on this, I have 6 slots to play with, 2 side slots positioned above the processor, 2 top slots, a front slot, and a rear slot: I have 1 120mm 42CFM in the front slot blowing on the HDD, and 2 120mm 69.69 CFM blowing on the processor, all the drive bay covers are mesh as well as the expansion slot covers so the air flows through the case quite well I can feel the exhaust when I place a hand by either section)

AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz Triple-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (have an 1TB external I use for most of my extra files and storage)

Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1GB Video Card

Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

2 extra 120mm fans

450 watt power supply (whole set up draws about 235w)

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full

Edited by medikohl, 09 December 2012 - 08:20 AM.

Advertisements