Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobile Site Conversion

• Please log in to reply

Phill242

Phill242

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

How do i get a mobile website made for my website, as my website is currently too heavy to be properly displayed on mobile devices. I fear that i might lose out on a lot of customers since i am based in netherlands and mobile companies typically have a download limit here. Please advice.

Advertisements

Recruitazure

Recruitazure

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well do you try removing some junks from your website, since you stated its too heavy?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Phill242,

Welcome to GeeksToGo.

The basic workflow behind building a mobile site is to create another website that is a mobile version. Then using redirect all of the mobile web browsers based on their User-Agent on over to the new mobile version of your website. Depending on the web server you have can change the instructions a bit on how to do this.

plac

plac

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I've done a lot of web design in my time, and I'm thinking that a 3 column page layouts will normally automatically shift to stack the three columns vertically (to one column). Maybe 800px max width; 3 equal columns. There are a lot of sites on the net which give out free web page layouts, and that's where I'd start. Amaya is a free wysiwyg web page software that would do the job for you. Maybe find a good page layout, and then ask for more help.