Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Poptray & MS Outlook

• Please log in to reply

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I use Poptray to manage/delete messages from my ISP server before downloading, and used Thunderbird as my email messaging software. Never had a problem with this setup. However, I am fed up with the number of updates to Thunderbird and my add ons being incompatible with such upgrades. I have decided to install MS Outlook 2010 for my email, etc. Everything is working fine between Outlook and Poptray, however, when I download emails using Outlook, it downloads OK, but leaves a copy on my ISP server. So when Poptray checks for email next time round, it still shown the message on my ISP's server I have just downloaded. Anybody know what the problem is and how to fix?

TIA

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hi,

Check the Outlook configuration:
  • Run your Microsoft Outlook, then click File > Account Settings > Account Settings…
  • In Account Settings window, choose the account you want to set, then choose Change… and click More Settings…
  • After dialogue box of Internet E-mail Settings appearing, choose Advanced tab
  • Make sure you have unchecked the box Leave a copy of messages on the server in Delivery option
  • After that, click OK, click Next > Finish > Close

BIGEYE

BIGEYE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks, that's fixed the ptoblem. What a place to hide an option like that.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Thanks, that's fixed the ptoblem. What a place to hide an option like that.

Yep, I don't know Office 2010 very well but on older Outlook versions the equivalent option hasn't set by default...