Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 - Cannot Connnect to Internet

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Good job :thumbsup:

If you plan to reinstall McAfee make sure you check the McAfee site for an updated version.

Thanks, Happy Holidays for you also.

Edited by SleepyDude, 13 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

romaldus

romaldus

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I solve it by uninstalling Windows update
KB2705219

Hi

I'm having issues connecting to the internet on a Dell PC running Windows 7.

I have another PC that is also running Windows 7, also a Dell - I'm not having any issues with it.

They are both wired connections into a Cisco Linksys wireless router E2500.

On one PC I cannot connect to the internet. I ran the connectivity issue diagnostic and got a message that there was an issue with the DNS Server. Subsequent diagnostics said that nothing was wrong

I've called my cable company; they could not help - signal is making it to the modem and to the other PC via the same router.

I've called the support for my router and all the settings on the issue PC (IP address, Gateway, etc.) are the same as the connected PC. The router is working fine.

I checked the Dell support site and the warranty expired 7 days ago (Murphy's Law)

I go to Device Manager and neither of the two listed devices are showing an issue.

I've restarted, I've done a winsock reset, I tried starting in Safe Mode with Network and still the issue persists.

My son was playing on his PC last night, turned it off and went to bed. This morning he could not connect.