Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sony i5 laptop

• Please log in to reply

mrsharleygirl

mrsharleygirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a sony i5 laptop and it will boot from external screen and i can see it come up i replaced the internal screen and it wont come up on it only boots up to external screen help

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Not sure of your exact model but lots of Sony notebooks use the keys Fn+F7 to toggle the display between the computer screen (LCD), a connected external display, and both the LCD and an external display.

Also if you replaced the LCD screen on the laptop make sure all the connection are seated properly between the screen and the motherboard.

Hope that helps

howtheflip

howtheflip

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
when you attach it to an external screen, go to control panel, display, and then try to unable both screens through this. I recommend this first so that if there is something wrong with the laptop screen, you aren't stuck with a blank screen and no external monitor attachment. If this does not work, then there is something wrong with the laptop screen, most likely connection wise. If it does show up on the laptop, then you can switch it to lcd display only and safely remove the external monitor. Good luck

Edited by howtheflip, 19 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.