Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

metalburner6010

metalburner6010

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Tried setting up a connection with a desktop computer to a wi-fi connection using a wireless USB adapter. Punched in the 8 digit code from the router and after that I accidently created a new network instead of connecting to an existing network. The house in which I live in shares the connection and nobody else is able to use the internet. It automatically put a password on the connection and booted the other users off. Went back in and removed the connection thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't. My computer is able to connect to the connection but nobody else is able to. Also went into the manage wireless networks options and from there it states the original connection and that it's unsecured but still requires a password. Also the signal is significantly weak compared to what it was prior to today. My Ps3 wont connect to anything at all, not sure what to do from here and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Reset the router to factory settings.
http://www.ehow.com/...t-settings.html

After that is done go into device manager for each of the machines at your house and un install the wireless drivers and reboot you should now be able to connect all machines.