Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

eMachines Windows Vista System Recovery no Disk

• Please log in to reply

abyssoffortitude

abyssoffortitude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I feel like I'm about to shoot this machine. Here is my further information for more specific help if you can:

Model:EL1300G-01w
Vista Home Basic OEMact

i bought it from Wal-mart about four yrs ago. I do not remember a disk coming with it and since I have moved it probably is lost forever

I NEED to do a System Recovery really badly. I do NOT have a disk to help with the recovery environment options...

I need to know how to do a system recovery without the disk on my system.
I have researched the topics but all the eMachines are different and the options aren't my specific dilemma.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
According to the Users Manual here: http://www.manualowl...w/Manual/325399 you can press Alt+F10 during boot to get to the Recovery menu where you can restore the system to it's factory new state:

eMachRecovery.jpg

abyssoffortitude

abyssoffortitude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
THANK YOU! This worked splendidly!! I can BREATHE relief now! and NOW my installer works again.

*** Also a quick note.*** Restart alone is not how you need to accomplish this.
You need to completely turn off your computer, and you should turn it back on for this to work.
Just a helpful hint in case any one comes to this thread with a similar plead for help. ;}

:wub: :thumbsup:

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Great, glad that worked for you.