Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Quicktime and Need Help!

• Please log in to reply

Storaenso

Storaenso

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please, I need real help here. First let me preface that I am not a tech savy person, AT ALL. Email, MSN, Google search's and that is about it as far as my computer knowledge goes. I don't want to be long winded here but I think you need to know what I have done and what has transpired.
I decided to join the 21st century and download I-Tunes so I could buy televison series in English. I am an ex-pat that lives in Germany.I am using a notebook that is an emachines that I bought from Wal-Mart in 2010. The program on it is Windows 7 Starter. I download I-Tunes and all is well. I buy a gift card and download The West Wing. I go to play it and I - Tunes tells me I need Quick Time to view it. I then, using the Apple website go to Download Quick Time and I get a message that it says it is not a WIN32 application. That was two weeks ago and in that time I have followed the trouble shoting guide from Apple, turned off pop up blockers, installed, and reinstalled, 3 times now, the I - Tunes program. I have gotten a FireFox browser, looked at every website that I could search to find an answer to this problem and I still can't download Quicktime 7. I was able to download Quicktime 6, thinking that would work but then it said that I couldn't play the I-tunes because of some reason dealing with compatabity to the I-Tunes version.
I have tried converter programs to get rid of the DRM ( by the way, 2 weeks ago I had no idead what a DRM was) so I could play the shows on my VLC Media Player. This is just crazy and I know it is because I have no clue as to what I am doing. There has to be a simple solution to this. I mean how can I download an Apple I-Tunes program and have no problems and then not be able to see what I have downloaded because Quicktime, an Apple program, will not download.
Not being a tech person should be no reason that I can't enjoy what I have bought. You have no idea how frustrating it is for me, really. I just have no clue as to what I am suppose to do, and Apple support is about as useless as useless gets. There are phone numbers and resources and all kinds of crap that a person can use but not a single email address that can be found to write to these people. I have a limited income and do not want to spend money on stuff that should have been included in my I-tunes download. I mean how the [bleep] can Apple sell you something and then not include a way to play it. I do know this, I have 300 shares of Apple stock and I am getting rid of them. Apple really sucks and I will no longer support them in anyway. PLEASE, someone help me.

Storaenso

Edited by Storaenso, 20 December 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Here is why you need version 7

Why is QuickTime 7 required to view some videos in the Online Training Library®?

As of January 1, 2008, new videos are being published in a format (H.264) that requires QuickTime version 7.0 or higher. Previously, QuickTime 6 would have sufficed, although version 7.0.4 or higher has always been required to view movies with closed captioning.

There should be no reason why you cannot install it, according to the requirements it should work with xp, vista and 7

here is a link to the latest version of the bersion 7 for windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL837

if not same version you already tried hopefully this one will work