Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application to test for system overheating?

• Please log in to reply

ohgodhowdidthisgethere

ohgodhowdidthisgethere

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've tried Speccy, which shows the temperature at a given time. But I have no idea how to use that information as I don't know what a normal temperature is.

What I do know is that I installed a tx850 power outlet thingy in my computer a long time ago (it was a disaster, but it worked). One of those big ones with a lot of cables.

It was hard to fit all those wires in my computer. Very hard.

It worked fine until a couple of months ago when my computer started randomly freezing (mostly when using internet browsers. doesn't matter which one, tried them all).
I've been getting rid of some malware on my computer on your website and it worked great! But the freezing problem was not solved.

So I want to see if my system is overheating.
And if it were to overheat, how would I counter this?
Is there a way to disconnect like half of the tx850 cables? I don't use them anyway.

Advertisements

chessgame

chessgame

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hello that is a nice power supply. This is what i use to monitor my temps http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ this will show you your temperatures and voltages. On some power units you can simply unplug the wires you don't use, just had a look at some pictures of a tx 850 don't think you can on them. hope this helps