Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Verbatim Store N Go recognize issue

• Please log in to reply

sigmatuan1989

sigmatuan1989

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Bought a Verbatim store n go 16gb usb drive about 2 months ago. I was transferring some files into it from a Windows 7 Lenova laptop and got an error popup that came and went to quick to read. After that it wouldn't recognize it. I restarted computer and it would recognize usb drive and ask if I want to fix errors but then the drive disapeared after about 30 seconds. It would come back in 30 seconds, then go. This being work laptop, I do not have admin rights.

So, I pulled out the trusty old Toshiba Windows XP laptop and got the same thing, but did get into the scan and fix a little, seems there is a corrupted file.

At this point I do not need any data on this drive but I do need to have it work, any ideas on forcing a reformat? Yes, I know they are guaranteed by Verbatim but I threw away the receipt weeks ago. If it is a lost cause and I should just bust it up with a hammer and buy a new one, let me know. Also would like recommendation on a good name brand usb drive.

Thanks

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
For the price that USB Flash drives are these days Sigmatuan I'd throw the Verbatim in the trash and buy a new one mate.

Here's one from Kingston, those nice people that make memory, which equates to just under $12 as I'm not sure just where you are from..

Kingston Data Traveller 16GB

sigmatuan1989

sigmatuan1989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the quick reply over the Holidays! Appreciate the recommendation.