Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replaced ram now computer wont boot up.

• Please log in to reply

stoosh01

stoosh01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi im kind of new to computer parts, so i thought as long as a ram stick fits in the slot it would work. i got Corsair Vengeance 16GB ram and put it in my asus m4n68t-m series mother board and i dont think it is compatible because when i turn my computer on all the fans and lights turn on but my monitor is black. i put my old ram back in but the screen is still black. please help

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi stoosh01, Posted Image

Unfortunately your Mobo only supports a max of 8GB of RAM so will not work with 16GB installed also, An odd feature on your Mobo is the supported speed of the RAM, its dependent on the CPU you have installed. Specs, > http://www.asus.com/...#specifications

What CPU do you have installed?
What was the RAM You had installed?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.

Have you sorted out your problem? An update would be appreciated.