Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with home network - Virgin SuperHub and Netgear WGR614V9

• Please log in to reply

owen5

owen5

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi,

I'll do my best to explain this. Hopefully it will make sense......

I have a Virgin SuperHub which is connected to my PC with a wired connection and is also used as a wireless router for the various laptops, games consoles ipods etc. that I have at home.

The SuperHub is also connected to a Netgear WGR614V9 wireless router via wallplugs. The main reason for this was to connect my LG TV and Sky+ box to the internet - it was simply cheaper to do this than to purchase wireless adaptors for them both.

In general this has worked reasonably well, with the added bonus that the Netgear router also has a better wireless signal than the Superhub.

However I would like to be able to stream media from my PC to my TV - something that should be possible, except that my TV doesn't show up on my network. Neither does the Netgear router, although it does show up in the device connection status page of the Superhub. I can ping the Netgear, but can't connect to the configuration screens - the only way to do this is to plug it directly into the ethernet port on the PC.

I have searched online for a solution to this. There probably is one out there somewhere, but I confess that my knowledge of networking is basic at best.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,
Owen.

Advertisements