Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't boot - Blue screen and black screen with options

• Please log in to reply

ZombieBoobz

ZombieBoobz

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My laptop was working fine until it ran out of battery and it sort of turned off but all the key lights and such were still on. Sometimes that happens and all i do is turn it off manually and just turn it on again and so i did but when i turned it on again it had a black screen that starts off with "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this..." etc. Then it gives options such as; Safe Mode, Safe mode with Networking, Safe mode with Command Prompt, Last known good configuration, and start windows normally. I've tried all choices but no matter which one i pick it won't start up. It looks like its gong to start up but then it flashes a blue screen for less than a second and then it goes back to the black screen. I have no idea what to do, could someone help me please?

I am using my brothers laptop right now.

I would appreciate any help please!

Advertisements