Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best converting software

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hello, been awhile since I have been here, glad this site is still around :) Now I have had my xbox 360 for about 2 years now, and its been a great transition from my gaming PC. I found out recently that you can stream video content to the xbox from windows media player, and the 12th version can play .mp4 videos and whatnot, and I was able to pick up windows 8 for cheap, so I upgraded from windows vista.

So I have tried nearly everything out there, and then I came to X media recode. It was the first program after trying many recommended others that worked. It was fairly simple and quick, and first worked fine. Then I tried to watch a movie, and it only played the first 5 min, stopped, and then started at the beginning, going in a loop. For all the others that I converted, they said the format was unsupported, even though it plays perfectly fine in WMP12. So what is the best program I can use that will convert a video file(whether it be .mkv, .mp4, or .avi) that will play on WMP12, as well as be able to be streamed to my xbox 360?

thanks for your time guys!

Peace

Advertisements