Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows could not detect any wired or wireless network cards installed

• Please log in to reply

AndroidRocket

AndroidRocket

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new to PC's I have recently been given a HP Compaq D230MT computer, after totally wiping the hard drive and re-installing windows XP I am unable to connect to the internet, network diagnostics says "Windows could not detect any wired or wireless network cards installed on your machine". I am set up through a wireless EE router through the ethernet.

How could I possibly fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by AndroidRocket, 30 December 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: AndroidRocket

Use another computer to download and save to a USB thumb drive the drivers for the HPs network device and then install them on your computer from the USB device, the installation details are aso provided at the link + any other HP driver that you may need http://h20000.www2.h...G_I19128-102605

AndroidRocket

AndroidRocket

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have found the problem now, I have already installed all of the network/modem/chipset drivers included on that page, sorry, I should of mentioned that earlier, in system I noticed the Ethernet controller had a yellow exclamation mark next to it, reading another forum, someone had put up the for the download, downloaded, installed, now connected and updated.

Thank you either way :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the follow up :thumbsup: