Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening a .mfp file

• Please log in to reply

4myruby

4myruby

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry in advance if this is not the correct place to post this question.
I have some files that I would like to open that are .mfp files, which it says is Macromedia Flash Paper. The odd thing is I do not remember ever using this file type or program before; however not I have several files/documents that have this file extension. These are documents/pictures that we created (ex: DVD labels, DVD jacket covers) three to five years ago and are wanting to print out more now. I have tried to open it with a program that we would have used to create similar files such as Picture It and even the program suggested to open it which is Adobe Reader, neither of which will work. So I tried to search for a solution which led me to a trial download of Macromedia Flash Paper from Adobe, but when I tried to install the program, it gave me an error message:
Error 1904.module
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.
Of course, this is an older program which is no longer being supported by Adobe.
So, my problem is still how can I open these files with the .mfp file extension, then maybe I can convert them to another format...
Thanks for any help!

Advertisements