Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVERS NOT FOUND. CAUSING EXPLORER.EXE CRASHes

• Please log in to reply

z3255859

z3255859

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi folks

I recently bought a new pc ( assembled ). I installed win 7 pro 64 bit myself. After installation I noticed some unidentified devices in my device manager. I tried updating drivers for them but it keeps saying drivers not found. I dont even know what those devices are. If i knew i could've updated the drivers manually. But i suspect these are causing explorer.exe crashes on my pc.

i am attaching a screenshot. drivers.jpg

Please help

PS - I also keep finding this error in my event viewer:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WMI
[ Guid] {1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}
[ EventSourceName] WinMgmt

- EventID 10

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-01-02T07:15:46.000000000Z

EventRecordID 843

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Sukhvir-PC

Security

- EventData

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

Edited by z3255859, 02 January 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First thing I notice is it looks like your motherboard chipset driver is not installed.
Try going to the motherboard manufacturers website and install this driver. It is also known as the smbus chipset driver.

z3255859

z3255859

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thanks rshaffer, i was missing the intel chipset driver update. I have fixed the missing drivers problem thanks to you.

However this issue still remains. I am getting this error in event viewer on every startup :

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WMI
[ Guid] {1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}
[ EventSourceName] WinMgmt

- EventID 10

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-01-02T21:25:26.000000000Z

EventRecordID 1072

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Sukhvir-PC

Security

- EventData

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

Method One
" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
" Please include that in your next reply.

z3255859

z3255859

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
i couldn't locate the local you were talking about

here is the screen shot of my event viewer
event.jpg

and this is the screenshot of errors in application
Untitled.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK lets see if it is a driver of some sort causing it.

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
There is a fix for that. I just had that on my win 7 unit. I did a lot of google searching and microsoft had a fix.
Unfortunately, I am not home and can't recall what I did. I believe I saved the fix and information on the home computer.
What ever it was, I know I fixed it.

I will continue searching and post a fix if I find it.
As I recall, it does not create any problems, it's just annoying.

EDIT for added info:
This is an error that MS has known about. The article is Here.

The cause is:"This originated in the Windows 7 SP1 DVD/ISO creation process. There was an issue in the creation process that caused a WMI registration to remain in the DVD/ISO. Since the registration is designed to work only during the DVD/ISO creation process, it fails to run on a live system and causes these events. These events are not indicative of any issue in the system and can be safely ignored. If however you want to prevent these events from getting generated and want to remove this specific WMI registration manually, please follow the steps mentioned in this article for running the workaround script.

You can run the script or just run the "MrFixit". I ran the MrFixit and the problem is gone.

Edited by 123Runner, 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

z3255859

z3255859

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
it didnt ask for downloading the debugger

here is the report though :

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: SUKHVIR-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 17156214784 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1947394048

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. It may be that there are problems which prevent crash dumps from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

In case your computer does experience sudden reboots it is likely these are caused by malfunctioning hardware, power failure or a thermal issue. To troubleshoot a thermal issue, check the temperature using your BIOS setup program, check for dust in CPU and motherboard fans and if your computer is portable make sure it's located on a hard surface. Otherwise it's suggested you contact the support department of the manufacturer of your system or test your system with a memory test utility for further investigation.

Check out the following articles for more information: Troubleshooting sudden resets and shut downs.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks 123runner and I'm sure that will fix it.
:thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah lets see what runner comes up with. :whistling:

z3255859

z3255859

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thanks 123runner. If you do find the fix please post it. Are you sure it doesn't cause any major problems ?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I ran that fix on Sunday and used the computer fairly heavily up till today when I went on the road for work. I was still installing updates (5 at a time) and rebooting. I checked the log each time and did not find any of those errors.