Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

making vnc viewing private

• Please log in to reply

FredFranko

FredFranko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Lets say i have a vnc server running on my remote machine and can connect to it using a vnc client from my laptop. The remote machine is placed at a common workspace with other people.
When i connect to the remote machine and login, the screen can be seeing by any onlooker near the remote machine and moreover that onlooker can use my account and do what he wants.
Is there a way to have some security so that the remote machine does not show the screen i am working on ?

Thanks,
Fred

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The best advice is to use a password protected screensaver.

Please keep in mind that this is really meant for a private network usage (home network) for example. If this is a work computer, you could run afoul of IT or HR policies.

FredFranko

FredFranko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!