Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Or Something Messed up

• Please log in to reply

WilleH

WilleH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, im preety crap with pcs but this problem has been going on for like 3 months and bugging [bleep] outta me i think ive tryed everything but anyway the problem is Im getting ping spikes in Online Games 50 to 32 i know this dont seem much but when ur fps drops with it it sucks it freezes for a second also like i said i think ive tryed everything, ive downloaded loads of malaware and trojan removers found nothing adware spyware g0t me comp protected by avg i even changed isp,s and bought a new router and cables and still spikeing in games also have reg mecanic found a few things but nothing to help my problem ;) any help at all would b very much appriacted cause im about to jus give up :help: :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
im not sure about how this would interact with the online games but you can turn of ICMP either in your pc settings or block ICMP transfers from somewhere in your router (assuming you have one)

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Try going here:

http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php

Download TCP Opimizer. Optimize your TCP/IP settings and see if that helps. Also if you have anyother programs communicating over the net (eg. checking for updates, messengers, etc..) turn them off while you are playing.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: