I do apologize for the delay.
After defrag was complete you should have received the following message in the command prompt window:
The operation completed successfully.
Post Defragmentation Report:
Do you recall seeing a similar message at all?
Go ahead and use StartUpLite to disable the start ups that are not necessary. The program will only stop those items from starting up when you boot the laptop, they DO NOT remove the program from your machine and they can be started up by clicking on the icon to the program itself.
As for the Malwarebytes scan:
The Error Code 732 (0,0) that you received when trying to update Malwarebytes Anti-malware was retired way over 2years ago! I had to do some intense research and discuss this with the a friend who works for the MBAM Organization to see what's up with that! Here's my plan:
Please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-malware and proceed with the following:
- Download and run the MBAM Removal utility.
- It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop from here.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
-- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and
-- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, check the following settings:
-- On the Scanner tab, check Perform quick scan.
-- On the Settings tab, Scanner Settings, leave the default boxes checked but change the drop-down boxes to Show in results list and check for removal.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, EXCEPT items in System Restore as shown in this sample:
- Click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See the Note below)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Please post contents of that file in your next reply.
** Note **
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
If you still receive the Error Code 732 (0,0)while updating the program:
Please do the following:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options.
- Click on the Connections tab, then the LAN settings "button" in the lower right corner.
- Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN then check Automatically detect settings.
- Next click Ok then Apply and exit your way out of there.
Malwarebytes should update now without giving you the error.
I'll be here most of the day (no work today! yippee!). Keep me informed to your progress.