Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp compaq 8510w mobile workstation

• Please log in to reply

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I just bought a new laptop on eBay and want to backup all the drivers on a USB chip. I found all the drivers here
http://h20000.www2.h...5&swEnvOID=1093
But I have no idea which ones to put on my USB could someone list all the ones I need? Thx

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You may not need any. Windows 7 is pretty driver complete, especially after doing a few Windows Updates.

You would be better off doing an image backup of the entire hard drive to an external hard drive. That way if things go wrong you can just restore the image and you right back where you were when the image was created.

Do this on a regular basis.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Well I have xp . And I just want the drivers . How can I tell which ones are needed?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Since there is no way to tell which ones you will need until you reinstall XP, do as JiniOnline says and download the latest one of each.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Ok the newest one for each is at the top of each section. Like
Graphics-drivers
Ati control panel
Workstations graphics 2009
Workstation graphics 2008

Just download the ati control panel or do I need to download the workstation driver as well ? Srry just want to be safe. Basically what I'm saying is do I just download the newest one for each section like graphics, bios etc... Or do I have to download the newest type of each kind like the ati control panel and workstation are two differant drivers but under the same section (graphics) srry plz just answer that last question then I know all that I need to know. Thanks