Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me please! Drivers?

• Please log in to reply

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have no idea really what i am doing when it comes to this, please help me someone. My speakers and microphone keep disconnecting and reconnecting, I am sure its not my jacks because i got them checked out. I have no idea i think its my drivers but i re installed all of those. I try to do a system restore but i have no restore points and i feel my only option is to totally restore to default regulation settings. Someone please help me! I am running out of options...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: bubblepapa

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Provide your speaker and microphone brand and model name or number for us also please.

Did you make any hardware or software changes that may have caused this.

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My computer is a desktop and a custom build, up until today it has been working fine. my headset is a older version of the Planetronics .Audio 995, the one that's corded. I also tried a few other headsets, i am almost positive its not the headset. I have used the other headsets on other computers and they work fine. Also no, not that i am aware of. I have run several virus scans but i still see no results i will upload a few screenshots after lunch, i am extremely frustrated at the moment. Thanks for all the help and any that you provide, i really want this fixed.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the additional information :thumbsup:

Do you happen to recall if you are using an add on sound card or the motherboards integrated audio chip.

Have you checked the Audio inputs, outputs and the Sound, videos and games controller tabs in the Device Manager, any yellow ! or red Xs present.

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am using a integrated chip and there are no !'s or Xs. I talked to my father about it and he said to tell you that it looks like someone is unplugging it and plugging it back in, it keeps appearing in my toolbar saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" Or "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack" I think it has something to do with my drivers, my motherboard is a biostar if that helps

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here are some screenshots of the errors.
Posted Image
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
The majority of but not all of the time if it is a driver issue you will get a yellow ! in the Device Manager but as you do not have this and your screenshot shows the device being plugged in and then unplugged it may be a hardware issue such as a bad connection, is the metal input/output plate that surrounds the audio jacks, microphone etc secure as this provides a ground for the motherboard and rear ports and if the connection is not secure you can get various problems.

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have about 6 audio jacks, i have tried all of these and none of them work. Imo i think the odds are a little bit more than that for all of them to be broken as this computer is new and i got it for christmas

Edited by bubblepapa, 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM.

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Also i am using the front audio jacks which are already grounded and secure so i do not believe this could be the problem, i am trying right now to uninstall the drivers and re install from the biostar website ill tell you if i have any luck, thank you for everything so far.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I will look out for your update.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Advertisements

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I somehow fixed it, don't know how but its been going strong for 30 mins now so im not complaining hahaha Thanks for everything dude!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
That is great news and like you I am happy if it stays fixed, please let us know if you have any further problems though :thumbsup:

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I figured out what i did in case anyone else has this problem, i disconnected the drivers and uninstalled then i installed a older version and updated and viola! thanks for everything

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for sharing the solution bubblepapa so that it may help others :thumbsup:

You are welcome BTW <_<

bubblepapa

bubblepapa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for sharing the solution bubblepapa so that it may help others :thumbsup:

You are welcome BTW <_<

I meant that in a literal way xD in case u took it the wrong way, Thanks phil - you deserve some mad rep