Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2010 Stationery with signatures

• Please log in to reply

juliaatgeekstogo

juliaatgeekstogo

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,

I want to use one of the standard stationery built into Outlook 2010. Notepad is the one I'd like to use.

If I have a single signature saved as default (eg. Julia informal), the stationery works fine and the signature appears in the correct position and I can use it fine.

However, if I have quite a few (for different types of email), I need to use the Insert signature command in the toolbar .... but it places the revised signature right in the left hand margin where it's impossible to see it !

Message text appears in the correct position, it is only the inserted signature which is being misaligned by Outlook.

It seems there is a "bug" in the insert signature command which makes it ignore the email margins (even the default ones!) when placing the text.

I have struggled to try and find a solution or workaround (even using Google) to no avail ... so I now need to ask someone who knows Outlook better than I for help.

The only workaround I could find is to save each signature as a QuickPart - but it's far too onerous to be feasible because of the need to individually name them in some way, and the fact that a sample shows with each one making it impossible to see them as a quick list (like signature names).

I do hope a MS Outlook expert is here in this forum to help me.

Regards,
Julia Evans

Advertisements