Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Has this happened to anyone?

• Please log in to reply

pauldealla

pauldealla

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I currently own a Dell desktop fairly new about a year old. I recently changed my Internet company about a week ago, and after 3 days with the new Internet company my wireless connection cuts in and out. I called them to make sure it was something on my end that doesn't work and i was right. Their are three other computer in my house that work perfectly fine and never cut in and out so I know their is problem somewhere on my computer. I already uninstalled my network adapter and re installed it but nothing has changed. My specs are, dell studio xps 8100, 8192mb RAM, ATI Radeon HD series 5700, Intel core i7 CPU @ 2.80GHz. My network adapter is a DW1525 WLAN PCIe Card. Thanks in further regards.

-Paul http://www.speedtest.../2452913125.png

Edited by pauldealla, 21 January 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hello pauldealla and Welcome to GeeksToGo!

Are you using a Router and ethernet cables to connect to the internet with the computer you are having problems with? Are there any differences in the way you connect using this computer and the ones that you are not having problems with?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Do you have any P2P programs like limewire or utorrent? These will try to open too many connections at one time and trigger the anti-worm mechanism in tcpip which will cause it to stop working for a while and then come back. Should be something in your event logs about it.