Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

huh, interesting

• Please log in to reply

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I downloaded the free 30 day trial. the only free offering I could find. Will not let me use it without activiation code and purchase. I tried it twice. This always happens to me. Can you try and see?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
http://www.revounins...e_download.html
This is the direct link to the freeware download straight from Revo's site.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
untitled.JPG Yes went there.

You can also try REVO UNINSTALLER PRO - a FULLY FUNCTIONALTRIAL - 30 DAYS FREE trial with many improvements and additional features

Then clicked on download and install, save to desktop. Open and this comes up. Maybe its this computer as its only set up as a gaming computer???

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I don't know what happened as I downloaded from the same link and got the freeware version. Installed and ran without any input of serial number needed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Something you might try is to boot into Safe Mode and then go to add\remove programs. See if you can uninstall leapfrog from there.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Yup tried that too. That is stuck in there good. Is there any other free programs like revouninstaller that you could recommend. I have checked out a few but they come with so many attachments. Thanks

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
A useful tool that will help delete those stubborn files.
http://majorgeeks.co...lBox_d4709.html

If it gives the following error Component mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencis not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid Then the file below will be needed in order to install killbox.
http://www.ascentive...ibraryfiles.exe

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Thanks rockmill will give it a try. I got a reply from revoinstaller as follows:

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback!

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

Revo Uninstaller Pro is indeed a 30-days fully functional trial, but it seems there is a problem with our trial algorithm on your computer. Up to now we have not been able to reproduce such problem and we are not aware of a malfunction in the program that cause the trial to expire earlier or not to start at all.
Basically you should not experience such problem, the reasons for that may be changing the date of your PC after the installation of Revo Uninstaller Pro, or if Revo Uninstaller Pro has been already installed and the trial period has expired - this could happen usually if the computer was in a PC Repair shop and the technician has installed Revo Uninstaller Pro then uninstalled it or if another person is using your PC and he has used Revo Uninstaller Pro in the past.

If you have any questions or problems related to Revo Uninstaller Pro do not hesitate to contact us again!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Revo Uninstaller Support Team

Well never changed the date, and if I ever installed it before wld have been a long time ago or more likely on another computer. Doubt the repair shop wld have used it as only installed new fans. Hmmm again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say most likely it was installed before by a technician and never uninstalled.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
interesting, lost in cyber space i guess. So I was checking out the other site and ended up running Reimage from MajorGeeks, learned a lot about my computer, till found out wasnt freeware. I copied a page from it, I often wonder if things truly are wrong on your computer or this is how companies make money by telling you so you will buy the program??

untitled 1.JPG

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IF there is a paid version of a program I bet with a little research you can find something compatible that is free.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Well lots of help here but at the point of trying to come up with money and buy revo uninstaller. I have tried others but they have so many attachment and junk. Somethings just not right, now I have revo uninstaller and whocrashed doing the same as leapfrog. They are in the add/remove yet when you try to uninstall says program does not exist so cannot uninstall. Wow now I have three stuck in there. So if I go the trouble of getting revo will it really solve my problems?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think it may be worth doing a search for each of the programs and see if anything shows up.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Ran search. Nothing comes up for revouninstaller. The attached comes up for leapfrog connect and whocrashed.

leapfrog connect.JPG who crashed.JPG

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Guess you are sorry you ever got me started on screen print huh? K downloaded yet another, Advanced Uninstall, second rated to revo uninstall. Similar to revo so like it.. Now its brought up all kinds of stuff, feel like I am sinking into quick sand, and attached screenshots. Dare I go ahead and delete all?

untitled 1.JPG 2.JPG