Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seeking speed on video files

• Please log in to reply

zoltain

zoltain

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I have a ton of video files (shows, movies, etc.) with a variety of formats. On some (especially wmv files), the seeking is extremely slow. By this I mean there is a delay between hitting the advance 10 sec button and the video actually advancing (regardless if I move by key frame or not). My question is, is there a way of converting these videos to get rid of this lag (similar to the seeking I've noticed in most of my avi/mp4 files which for the most part are instantaneous), without sacrificing too much on quality or disc space?

Not sure if this is relevant but my specs are:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel core i7 2820QM
16GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GTX 580M
Intel SSD

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hi zoltain what are you using to play these videos-which player (such as Windows Media Player) are you using for "seeking"?