Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BT Broadband Basic useage

• Please log in to reply

malcolm2505

malcolm2505

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently signed up to BT Broadband basic which has a limit of 1Gb per month. I find I am using about 50Mb per hour which only gives me 20 hours per month.

I am not downloading , movie music or any other big files. Is this rate of use normal?

I have tried logging on and having no windows open at all. My useage is still clocking round at 30Mb+ per hour.

What have other BT Broadband user, or other limit access customers found from their packages.

HELP

Malcolm

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
You shouldn't be using that much if you are not doing anything with your pc. Make sure you have nothing running in the background, any file transfer programmes, imesh, emule that sort of thing. As the uploading would take that number up. If nothing like that is occurring then ring Bt and sort it out with them.

BT haven't got the best broadband of them all, your best bet is to try out a different provider, bulldog and tiscali I have heard good reviews from. Mines ntl, and it's ok, nothing special, does it's job.