Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pixes flickering on HP Paviliondv6000 screen

• Please log in to reply

emily13

emily13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hopefully I can get some help here. :surrender: This is what happened: Anyways, I was downloading an update to an online game (PWI), left the computer alone for about 30 mins, then I moved the mouse and a bunch of pixels started to flicker in my screen. I wouldn't mind if they were a few but its my complete screen that shows them. I can hardly read or figure out what's on the screen. Here's a picture of how it looks.
Posted Image

The flickers go on and off, like christmas lights lol. I have an HP Pavilion dv6409us, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I opened a topic like this on HP forum and this is what they told me.
"Take a look at this document and let me know if performing the troubleshooting steps, helps to resolve your issue."

So I first followed the instructions, and compatible with my laptop I installed
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family Driver ►
2007-05-10 , Version:7.14.10.1187 A, 7.71M

and BIOS (‏1)
WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors) - Microsoft Windows Based ►
2010-04-12 , Version:F.2E, 3.11M

The pixels are still there on my laptop screen. I've considered resetting my computer to factory settings, but I'm not sure if that will help at all. :surrender:
Please :help: !

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: emily13

Have you tried connecting the notebook to an external screen by way of the VGA port to see if the issue is reproduced on the external screen, if the external display is ok you know that the video chip and drivers are ok and the problem is either the motherboard to display ribbon/cable or the notebook screen itself.

emily13

emily13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you ^^ I didn't think about that, but I'm going to try it. :thumbsup: I'd post the results.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup:

I will look out for your next update.