Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting BSOD very often lately on Windows 7!

• Please log in to reply

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Apperently not, I posted a screen shot of what cmd prompt said. It says it found some but was unable to fix in the above screen shot. Then it gave me a log file which I posted.

Advertisements

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Sorry for the double post. I did some research on one of the two drivers that causes my of BSODs (according to bluescreenview). I found out that mv91xx.sys BSOD is caused by a Marvell Controller driver being out of date, article here: http://elmaskubilay....dows-7-x64.html . Should I update the driver like the article says shaffer?

edit: well I did it for the heck of it but just had another BSOD a few minutes ago, ugh.

Edited by sour11, 11 April 2013 - 11:21 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you post the new bsod please. Sorry wasn't feeling to good last night.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
For some reason its not showing the most recent one in bluescreen view, is there another way to find out the info?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try looking in the event viewer.

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
" Please include that in your next reply.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 4/12/2013 1:16:22 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Ricky-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

This is what is said for the corresponding error.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
hmm doesn't say much but might look at the power supply.

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah that +12 volt rail looks low to me so that may be a possible issue. I believe the tolerable range is 10.64 or better so yours is showing a possible failing PSU.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
From .38 to .64 is a very small margin would you say? What should be done from here, and how can I tell if it really is a problem or not?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say it is marginal at this point but I'm not sure if the figures are exactly right.
Since you ran in safe mode for a couple of days without a issue I still believe we have either a driver, service or program issue.
Just to check again can you do the following for me please.

Lets see what you have in your startup
Please click on

Start and then on Run
Type in msconfig and then press Enter
Now click on Startup
Next click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key. Make sure you get everything even if you have to take more then one picture of the list.
Now go to Start
All Programs
Accessories
Paint

In the empty white area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save As
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your desktop
In your next reply attach the screenshot.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I currently don't have anything checked off in startup, do you still need a screen shot?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I would like to see everything you do have checked in the list. If you need to make a couple of screenshots to see everything that is fine.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I have nothing checked in the startup list everything is unchecked. I did that myself awhile ago, I'll post screen anyway though.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes because it could be a driver or something that needs to be checked.