Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Undo or reverse ComboFix.exe [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
OK, now its working, I`ll do the scan & get back with you after scan is complete.

Advertisements

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Here are the results for silent runners-startup programs.Attached File  Startup Programs (WAYNEADAMS-PC) 2013-03-26 11.39.59.txt   53.72KB   120 downloads

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I also have a regrunlog.txt file if your interested from a scan I did last night ?Attached File  regrunlog.txt   256.38KB   114 downloads

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
It says silent runners just finished, here the updated one, sorry Essexboy.Attached File  Startup Programs (WAYNEADAMS-PC) 2013-03-26 11.39.59.txt   53.72KB   296 downloads

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Nothing really showing there, could you run AVP now please

Also if you right click the black icons > select properties. Are you able to change the icon

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
this one says it it 66.77KB in size Attached File  Startup Programs (WAYNEADAMS-PC) 2013-03-26 11.39.59.txt   66.77KB   153 downloads Hope this one works, don't know why the second one I posted was the same as the first one?

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok, running AVP, will get back with you..

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
If no further malware is found mayhap a repair install will be needed to reset windows

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Here are the AVP results;Attached File  Manual Disinfection report.txt   1.57KB   142 downloads,Attached File  avptool_sysinfo.zip   164.94KB   111 downloads. The scan file Automatic Scan report is to large to send here @ 411MB Where I seen 5 password protected files, how do I send that file to you?.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
AVP removed one driver, and started system restore

3/26/2013 6:28:22 PM System Restore: enabled
3/26/2013 6:29:16 PM Deleting service/driver: utm2odc3
3/26/2013 6:29:16 PM Deleting service/driver: ujm2odc3

The analysis shows nothing untoward

Were you able to change the icons by right clicking and selecting properties

Advertisements

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I don't have any options to change icons in application folders, Even the icons on my Local Disk (C:) & Devices Drives (D:)&(E:)are Black, & I don't have system retore or windows updates although I am able to get updates, can not gat update Windows service pack 1 for my system. snipping tool is missing in startup. The file that I allowed AVP to delete, now comes an Error message at startup asking which program should I allow to open it with. Can we do a repair to reset windows as you mentioned earlier in our discussion?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I would concur with that as you appear to have a lot of damage on the system

There is a tutorial here with a step by step guide. Have a read through it and ask any questions that you may have prior to starting

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I forgot to mention, that I found two chinese trogans a bunch of chinese letters in regedit HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT @ the end in which I was able to delte successfuly.

AdamsWorld333

AdamsWorld333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yes I do have cosiderable dammage, Luckly with my computer skills, I am able to still use it. Just wanted to send out a big Thank You for all your help. Looks like I may have to do a complete driver srcub back to zero & reinstall my operating system.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No problem, if you need any assistance or advice just ask