Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with screen

• Please log in to reply

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Thats just really strange, that you can attach another monitor and it will work, and attache you monitor to another comp and it will work. Both Monitors the same?

Advertisements

Jolen98

Jolen98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
different monitors

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I really dont know what to say. Everything sounds normal enough.
Would you be able to switch them, the monitors? At least that will be a temp fix...
One thing you could try is looking in event viewer and seeing if there are any errors in there. Start>Run, and type: eventvwr.msc /s
If there are any errors, post them here.

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Well, sorry I wasnt able to help you out more. I hope that an answer will come.

Signing off for the night...

Jolen98

Jolen98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
well the last 2 days the screen didnt shut off for bout 15-20mins so i still have the problem with my screen shuttn off and not turnin back on the system stays on and pressn a key doesnt work
im sick of being in safe mode plz help me
:tazz: ;) ;) :tazz: ;)

tim.s

tim.s

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
never mind

Edited by tim.s, 08 June 2005 - 03:55 PM.

Jolen98

Jolen98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ok

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Have you actually tried that?

In safe mode go into Display props and change res to 800x600 and default Refresh, and reboot.. see what happens..

tim.s

tim.s

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You said that in safe mode the screen stays on. That means it works at the default vga settings. 600x480 with a default refresh rate maybe 60hrtz. Go into the display settings and use those figures or go to 800x600 with a default refresh rate and reboot.

Jolen98

Jolen98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
wen i refresh i checkd to make sure it stayd at the resoulution bcause it not how do i change refresh rate

Advertisements

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Right click Desktop, Proerties>Settings>Advance>Monitor, and make sure the box labeled: Hide modes that this monitor cannot display is ticked, and select 60hertz (or whatever the lowest one is). and reboot.

Post back..

Jolen98

Jolen98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
cant it is greyd

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
ok thats right, cause sae mode disables a lot of the drivers and stuff.

Try booting into Windows normally, and doing the above steps.

Jolen98

Jolen98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i will try but i doubt it

tim.s

tim.s

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You said you installed the latest drivers for the card. Usually you should use the latest driver that is signed by microsoft and let it go at that. The newest drivers are for game geeks that know what they are doing.

Your issue is a matter of the monitor (generic) the right display card and a stable driver. Get the computer out of safe mode and then raise your resolution up. Monitors go blank if you push them beyond their limits. You might try to unplug the monitor to reset it if it goes blank. I also find that you should unplug the computer to take all power off the motherboard when you do a hard reset. Compared to a soft reset which is having the computer restart.

Edited by tim.s, 08 June 2005 - 04:39 PM.