Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio black screen no lights on

• Please log in to reply

Ksmithisler

Ksmithisler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Sony vaio VPCEA22FX. It was running fine when all of the sudden it made so e sort of crackling like noise and the screen went white. I tried to turn it off an nothing happened. Then the screen turned black. I took the battery out and unplugged it and then put it back in and tried turning it on again and the screen stayed black. The only thing that's on is the green power button and the little orange battery light that says its plugged in. The caps lock light doesn't turn on, the cd drive doesn't open, the power button doesn't even turn it on or off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate!!
Thank you!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Ksmithisler

Have you tried using battery power only and vice versa removing the battery and using only the AC adapter, if so what was the outcome in both instances please.

The symptoms sound like a power board problem at present due to the lack of functionality of the CD drive and other components.

Also worth checking is the information at the attached link http://www.kb.sony.c...ernalId=C390705