Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC vs Mac is Dumb

• Please log in to reply

IceColdFeetMonster

IceColdFeetMonster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was watching this video and got annoyed.

Ok Steve Ballmer is Steve Ballmer and Steve Jobs is Steve Jobs. Why do people compare the two? Can't they just leave Ballmer alone?
This whole early 2000 Mac vs PC is getting old.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I'm sorry IceColdFeetMonster can you show that again please as I was too busy watching the cleavage to the right. :lol:

IceColdFeetMonster

IceColdFeetMonster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
haha

Disruption

Disruption

Geek in Training

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I hate those videos. I'm a strong PC supporter.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Wolfey coughs politely and refrains from commenting on what he'd like to support. :lol:

Shatto

Shatto

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I see no reason to support Apple, PC all the way.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
While I am a PC user I do strongly disagree with the current direction Windows seems to be going in. I am not a fan of Steve Ballmer and I hate the Metro UI. In my opinion Steve Ballmer is doing to Microsoft what Vince Russo did to WCW.

Therion

Therion

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
PC will always have my vote because in my mind PC does not equal windows. PC equals whatever you want to run on it because there are no restrictions. Why this would ever be worse than a bloated package of hardware with as much flexibility squeezed out of the software as economically possible is beyond me.

In saying that, OSX does have an advantage of consumer level unix programs. The Physics department at my university use Macs almost exclusively because they run the modeling software required (it is unix based software) better than windows does and for laptops, dual booting isn't really worth doing. Rather than using linux and effectively eliminating any software based tech support in the event something does go wrong the obvious choice was to use OSX on laptops.

So yes, the discussion is dumb because rarely do I see it evolve beyond "BUT TEH PC HAS GAEMES!!!!" and "MAC DOES WAHT I WANT!!!" rather than structured, logical arguments for why they use what they use. Unfortunately I think the vast majority of Mac users are just victims of advertising because they use their expensive machines for music and facebook, so that fuels my distaste for apple. It's needless expense.

Edited by Therion, 25 April 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Railfiretech

Railfiretech

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have never, and never will, hop on the Mac bandwagon. There are so many very expensive restrictions and most everything is proprietary, they want you to only use them and go to their "genius" bar, quotations are used there in the strongest possible way.

I will always be PC however, I agree with rebel about the Metro UI.

petersmith5544

petersmith5544

• Pip
  • 2 posts
PC offer the same computing power and graphics capability as low-end workstations by Sun Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard, and DEC.