Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard and Mouse freezing up.

• Please log in to reply

J4ke483

J4ke483

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Here, done exactly what was said :)

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Sorry still can`t decipher the Autoruns log :(

Did you re-run TFC and how is the computer performing at present.

J4ke483

J4ke483

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yep, have been doing that recently.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
And how is the computer running now please.

J4ke483

J4ke483

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
It seems to have reduced a lot more, like once today and that was it. I cleaned more space on the C: Drive also.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Good to see some improvement, can you provide us with an updated screenshot of the Disk Management please.

To avoid any possible backtracking;

Go to Start then to Run/Search
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see your hard drive.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply.
Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

J4ke483

J4ke483

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Here you go and yes it is nice to see an improvement!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenie.jpg
  • Screensho.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
HDD looks better :thumbsup:

Refresh your pagefile now please;

Open My Computer.
At the top right, there is a search field...type pagefile.sys and click the search icon.
In the search results, right click on the file (pagefile.sys) and choose Delete...confirm the deletion.

Restart your machine.
A new pagefile will be created automatically when the machine starts.

See how it goes after this is done.

J4ke483

J4ke483

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hmm, it seems I have already done that, don't remember doing it but I checked and it is un-ticked in the advance system properties! By the way I would like to thank you for the help you have given me and still are :) it has been very useful and will remember it for the future! Is there any other ways I can clear up space on the SSD? as the problem has not occurred today but does sometimes although rarely.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I will not be online much today UK time due to other comittments but will be around all weekend so available if you have any questions.

You are most welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Advertisements

J4ke483

J4ke483

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Everything is doing well keyboard and mouse have not disconnected since you've helped me, I want to thank you for all the help and when I have a credit card I would gladly donate if there is a place to. I would also like to ask where you get all this IT knowledge from, I love ICT and it would be nice to sort out my own problems :P but as I said thank you for all your help. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi there J4ke483

Thanks for the follow up and I am pleased to hear that all is well :thumbsup:

Being able to help those in need of it and save them money is our reward <_<

I like many others who contribute here are self taught over the years so it is possible for most people to learn if you stick at it, research is a major factor and if we had had Google back when I started in the days of MS-DOS I would be a rocket scientist now :D

As ever you are welcome BTW and hopefully we will see you around on the forums :thumbsup: